• Since the Company was identified as a green mine pilot enterprise by the State in 2014, it has always been adhering to the strategic goal of “building green mines solidly, and exploiting mineral resources in a scientific and reasonable way”, and making full use of the precious mineral resources by means of scientific management and rational exploitation, so as to lay a solid resource foundation for sustainable development of the Company.
• In order to conserve the natural resources and improve the utilization efficiency of mineral resources, the Company formulates and updates the ore dissolving scheme according to the analysis results of the ore dissolving channel, brine mining channel, resource endowment and ecological environment characteristics of the mining area, and implements the closed mining in turn gradually;
• With the solid-liquid transformation technology, the Company reduces energy consumption and waste emissions to a significant extent. Furthermore, the Company makes technological innovation constantly, and conducts technology research and development for comprehensive exploitation of sodium, magnesium, lithium, boron, and other resources on the basis of potassium products, so as to further improve the resource utilization efficiency. The Company began to build a battery-grade lithium carbonate production line in 2018, and completed construction and put it into production by the end of 2019. The tail brine generated from production of potash fertilizer is used for production of lithium carbonate, so as to improve the comprehensive utilization efficiency of resources.
• The Company sets relevant management methods such as raw brine recovery standard and raw ore sampling method, makes quarterly performance assessment on raw ore, consumables, water resource consumption, energy consumption, and recovery rate, and cultivates the employees’ awareness of efficiency. The Company increases the recovery rate of potassium chloride from 60% in 2020 to 62.5% in 2022, and increases the recovery rate of lithium carbonate to more than 95% through continuous technological updating and iteration.
• The Company purchases automation equipment continuously, in order to raise the level of accurate control and operation, and avoid the waste of resources caused by manual operation.
• Ecological protection: The Company implements the ecological water protection guidelines of “comprehensive planning, overall layout, integrated utilization, turning harm into benefit” thoroughly, protects the water sources, stipulates that the vegetation related to water source protection shall not be destroyed, and tests and controls the water quality of the water sources on a regular basis.
• Scientific water intake: The Company conducts water resource demonstration for the water supply project at Bairiqili Gully and Galan Beach in Dagele Township, analyzes the rationality of water use, the conditions of water intake source, the impact of water intake and other factors, meets the reasonable requirements of water use and intake for the construction project, provides scientific basis for water intake permit and approval for the construction project, and achieves efficient use and scientific management of water resources.
• Water conservation: The Water Conservation Department of the Company shall make annual water conservation index plan, and break down the plan and assigns the relevant key tasks to the departments, including setting and assessment of water consumption quota, publicity and education on water conservation, collection of condensed water evaporated by MVR (steam machinery recompression technology), and dispatch of specialists for regular inspection.
• Recycling: The Company strengthens technological innovation continuously, collects the water discharged from the workshop in a unified manner, and carries out secondary recycling by high pressure reverse osmosis, so as to improve the water yield to a great extent, reduce the consumption of fresh water, and lay a foundation for sustainable development of the circular economy ecosystem of the salt lake. The Company makes comprehensive use of tail liquid resources in the process of ore dissolving to achieve 100% recycling. First, we lead the old brine discharged from the potash fertilizer production workshops in the mining areas to the old brine salt pan of the lithium industry through the brine diversion channel, which is used as the basis for adsorption and extraction of lithium. The old brine produced from extraction of lithium is returned to the potash fertilizer salt pan through the brine delivery channel to implement the process of solid-liquid transformation, so that the solid magnesium, lithium and potassium ores can be dissolved into a liquid state, so as to improve the quality of brine in the mining areas. The Company achieves the recycling of resources in the whole process of production, improves the ecology of the salt lake while guaranteeing the production, ensures the economic benefits and the environmental benefits simultaneously, and takes the road of civilized development.
• Waste water discharge: The Company is committed to maximizing the comprehensive utilization of waste water, conducting process research and development constantly, strengthening the recycling of water resources, and achieving 100% recycling of production water. It is required to take anti-seepage measures and containment measures in the temporary storage places of waste water, in order to prevent the occurrence of water pollution accidents.
• In 2022, the Company produces 1,306,700 tons of potassium chloride and 10,500 tons of lithium carbonate, achieves the operating income of RMB 8.194 billion Yuan and the net profit of RMB 5.655 billion Yuan. In 2022, the total water consumption is 48,615,271.39m3, the water consumption density is 59.33m3 for the operating revenue of RMB 10,000 Yuan, the water consumption per unit product of potassium chloride is 7.2 tons, which is lower than that required in the environmental protection regulation by 0.8 tons/unit product; the amount of recycled water/reused water is approximately 47,256,915.50m3 (With natural evaporation in the process), and the recycling rate ignoring evaporation reaches 100%.
• The Company attaches great importance to energy management, implements the three-level management system involving company, department and workshop, sets up the energy system review working group, draws up a series of procedural documents such as the “Energy Management System”, the “Energy Performance Parameter Control Procedure”, and the “Energy Management Manual”, builds ISO 50001 energy management system, enhances the energy management capability and level of the Company, establishes the leading energy efficiency demonstration benchmark in the industry, and fulfill the Company’s social responsibility and commitment effectively. In order to improve the employees’ awareness of energy efficiency, the Company organizes energy management training on a regular basis, and conducts energy efficiency assessment on the production departments on a quarterly basis. The Company phases out the obsolete equipment with high energy consumption gradually, and replace with the new equipment featured by energy conservation and environmental protection. In addition, the Company further enhances the energy efficiency level and reduces energy consumption by the energy conservation projects such as air compressor station cooling and heat source recycling, and comprehensive utilization and transformation of waste heat.